Bangkok, Thailand, 5-7 March, 2013
Workshop on Space Applications for Disaster Risk Reduction and Management and Second Workshop on Use of Multi-Global Navigation Satellite Systems for Sustainable Development organized by UNESCAP and supported by JAXA, was held in Bangkok (UNCC), Thailand from 5 to 7 March 2013. Government officials and experts from 17 countries and intergovernmental organizations participated in the workshop and discussed about potential utilization of space applications for disaster risk reduction and multi-global navigation satellite systems (Multi-GNSS) for sustainable development.
The main contents of the workshop are as follows.
1) Country Presentations on Disaster Management Status
2) Overview of Regional Initiatives/Frameworks for Disaster Risk Management
3) Activities for Disaster risk Reduction and Success Stories
4) Multi-Global Navigation Satellites Systems
5) Utilization of GNSS and Multi-GNSS
6) Regional Activities in Disaster Risk reduction
ADRC presented about "The present situation of emergency observation and demands of disaster management organizations" in Sentinel Asia activities.