Jakarta, Indonesia, 1-5 October, 2012
The 9th Sentinel Asia System (SAS) Operation Training was jointly organized by Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA), Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology (BPPT) and other some agencies from 1 to 5 October 2012 at BPPT in Jakarta Indonesia. More than 20 people participated in the training from space agencies in the Asia-Pacific region as well as relevant agencies. ADRC participated as an instructor in this training.
The main contents of the training are as follows.
1) Introduction to Sentinel Asia and its system
2) How to use Sentinel Asia System
3) Introduction to Data Provider Nodes activities and these satellites
4) Introduction to Data Analysis Nodes activities and these satellite data utilization
5) Field check using satellite imagery (Kebun Raya Bogor)
6) Introduction of ADRC's role
ADRC gave a lecture of three themes entitled "ADRC Activities", "ADRC's role on Sentinel Asia Activities" and "Demands of disaster management organizations towards the Sentinel Asia Step 3".