|ADRC DisasterReport||Back to ADRC Homepage(English/Japanese)|
ADRC Latest Disaster InformationBack to List
Duration 2004/12/26 At least 90 people were killed in Myanmar by a tsunami that wreaked death and destruction along the coasts of the Indian Ocean. Country or District Myanmar Name Tsunami
Headline(Source, Date) Personal Injury Material Damage Others OCHA Situation Report No. 18 (2005/01/14) Dead: 59
CNN News 2004/01/03 Dead 59
- CNN News AFTER THE TSUNAMI
Special Report on tsunami including latest news, images and studies.
- Information on Earthquake and Tsunami in Asia
- OCHA ReliefWeb
Latest Updats on Myanmar
- Information, survey and analysis summaries by the Research Group on The December 26, 2004 Earthquake Tsunami Disaster of Indian Ocean
- BBC News (In depth: Asia Quake Disaster)
- OCHA Situation Report No. 18 2005/01/14
Latest figures as of 14 January 2005
- OCHA Situation Report No. 11 2005/01/04
Around 60 people are known to have died in the wake of the Tsunami in Myanmar.
- CNN News 2004/12/28
Hundreds of people died and entire villages and towns disappeared when tsunamis hit Somalia's coastline along its central and northeastern regions, a Somali presidential spokesman said.
- Reuters Alertnet 2004/12/29
Myanmar tsunami toll at least 90 - U.N.
Geographycal Data Information
Emergency Relief Information
Urgent Report from Supporting Members of the Asian Disaster Reduction Center