|ADRC DisasterReport||Back to ADRC Homepage(English/Japanese)|
ADRC Latest Disaster InformationBack to List
Duration 2002/04/25 The strongest earthquake to hit Georgia for 40 years has rocked the capital Tbilisi, leaving at least three people dead. Country or District Georgia Name Earthquake
Headline(Source, Date) Personal Injury Material Damage Others United Nations Association of Georgia 2002/04/30 Dead: 6 people
Thousands of people are left homeless.
Hundreds of apartments and other buildings were either completely destroyed or rendered uninhabitable.
- OCHA Report 2002/05/10
Counterpart International Assists Medical Facilities in Samegrelo
- Armenian National Survey for Seismic Protection
Earthquake Data and Armenian Government Response
- OCHA Situation Report No.3 2002/05/03
On 3 May 2002, the official appeal was launched by the Government of Georgia.
- OCHA Situation Report No.2 2002/05/02
464 houses are severely damaged.
- United Nations Association of Georgia 2002/04/30
A magnitude of more than six, killing 6 people.
- Yahoo asia News 2002/04/27
Georgia Earthquake Kills Six
- OCHA Situation Report No.1 2002/04/26
A total of four persons are reported dead.
- BBC News 2002/04/25
Georgia earthquake kills three.
Geographycal Data Information
- USGS National Earthquake Information Center
Emergency Relief Information
Urgent Report from Supporting Members of the Asian Disaster Reduction Center