|REPORT ON DAMAGE CAUSED BY FLASH FLOODS
IN YEN MINH DISTRICT, HA GIANG PROVINCE
FROM 18TH TO 19TH JULY 2004
1. Peopled killed and missing:
- People killed and missing: 34 (27 in Du Tien Commune, 7 in Du Gia Commune)
- People injured: 10 (8 in Du Tien Commune, 2 in Du Gia Commune)
2. Houses and classrooms destroyed:
- Number of houses washed away: 16 (12 in Ban Ly village, 4 in Phin Ty village)
- Number of houses collapsed: 3 (2 in Du Tien Commune, 1 in Du Gia Commune)
- A brick wall surrounding a 2 storey school in Du Tien Commune was completely destroyed.
3. Transportation facility damaged in Dong Van District:
- 700 meters starting at Km 110 of National Highway 4C were washed away.
- Pho Cao Bridge was washed away.
- 10 meters of Sluice No. 1 was washed away.
- 30 meters of a canal was washed away.
- A house was completed destroyed.
|Prepared by: UNDP/MARD - DISASTER MANAGEMENT UNIT, VIE/97/002
Wednesday, 21 July, 2004
(According to Immediate Report 124/BC-PCLBTW issued by the Standing Office of the Central Committee for Flood and Storm Control on 21 July 2004)