(As of Monday (9.30 P.M), 12th August 2002)
(1) Type of Disaster: Landslides and Floods.
(2) Period: 13th, 21st, 22nd July and 6th August 2002.
(3) Where: 47 districts are mostly affected.
(4) Total Death: 344
(5) Injured: 306
(6) Missing: 70
(7) Total affected Families: 48599
(8) Houses Destroyed: 16097
(9) Livestock Damage: 1435
(10) Rescue Part: Already finished in recent landslides and floods affected areas.
(11) Relief Part: Now we are in relief stage so relief work is going on in affected areas.
(12) Recent Problem: Monsoon is not favorable yet and we are facing transportation problem for distribution additional relief materials to disasters victims.
Lekh Nath Pokharel
Section Officer, Ministry of Home Affairs
His Majesty's Government of Nepal