(As of Monday, 29th July 2002)
(1) Type of Disaster: Landslide and Flood.
(2) Period: 13th, 21st and, 22nd July 2002.
(3) Where: 35 districts are most affected, mostly heavy rain at Central Region.
(4) Total Death: 241
(5) Injured: 104
(6) Missing: 44
(7) Total Affected People: 7821
(8) Houses Destroyed: 6447
(9) Livestock Damage: 410
(10) Rescue, Relief and Response Part:
|Rescue and relief work is going on smoothly.|
|Medical team deputed in disaster-affected areas from central.|
|Emergency Disaster Medical Team is twenty-four hours stand-by in Department of Emergency, Bir Hospital, Kathmandu.|
Lekh Nath Pokharel
Section Officer, Ministry of Home Affairs
His Majesty's Government of Nepal